Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ashmolean: An Art and Archaelogist Lover's Dream

Continuing with Being a UNIV Student for a Week: Part Three! This week in Oxford we had the option to go to the Ashmolean Museum of Art & Archaeology - filled with four floors of art and artifacts ranging from Ancient Rome, Egypt, Byzantium, and more. 

Here are some of my favorite pieces from the massive collection - I spent two hours there but could've spent so much more! 

Demonstrating the wear and tear of touch.
The Messiah Stradivarius - never been played in it's 300 years of existence!
The most adorable painting of a dog that I can't remember the name or painter...FAIL.
The Annunciation - saw a pic from my Medieval Europe class!
Turner's Oxford High Street - where I was staying for the week

I have loads and loads of more pictures - I'm just finding out a way to make them accessible to my readers! If you're interested in more, leave a comment so I know my efforts won't go to waste :)

Thanks for keeping up with all the parts! Check out one and two and keep posted for the fourth and final segment of my trip to Oxford. 
Wishing you the very best, 
Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment