Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Recharging

This time in the semester is usually the time where the semester starts to get a little long. Lucky enough, we got granted a day off last Friday! Since I don't have classes on Thursday, I decided to hop on the train home to spend some quality time with my parents and dogs. I was able to go to NYC with Saint Michael's Playhouse to observe auditions during the break.
It was such a great experience - we saw over 130 people in one day! It helped me gain another idea of what I could do in the theatre world. 

Another way to recharge during the semester that I like to do is going on retreat. I applied to go on the Emmaus retreat offered through Campus Ministry and got welcomed to go on the retreat last weekend! It was held at St. Anne's Shrine up at Isle La Motte - a beautiful retreat space of the Edmundites, complete with new cabins this year! If I could live there I would! It's a gorgeous space right on Lake Champlain and perfect for a retreat. 

This weekend was filled with the method of Ignatian Contemplation and Spirituality for prayer - which I loved! Using scripture, meditation, songs, talks, and prayerful thoughts, it was a great way to reconnect with God and recharge myself for the last bit of this semester. I came off the retreat relaxed and rejuvenated, knowing that I could make time to work on my spiritual needs and having this new community to support me on my faith journey.
A wonderful picture from the weekend
from my friend Kelly!
(instagram:kainsworth17)
What's great about Saint Mike's is that there are so many opportunities to pursue your faith. You don't have to be religious to participate, making all feel welcome to be as involved as you want to be. For me, this was an important part of my college experience and I can't imagine being anywhere else where I could explore my faith and have such wonderful Campus Ministry. 


Today marks the start of Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent for Christians. Campus Ministry puts out a blog of Lenten Reflections which you can see here! Students, faculty, and staff come together to provide prayers for the season - a great collaborative effort!

What are you doing for Lent? Giving up Alliot fries? Girl Scout cookies? Being more proactive in your community by volunteering? This year I haven't decided what I'm doing, but I hope to use it as a reminder for the Lenten season!

As always, sending my love to you and yours, 
Katelyn :)


No comments:

Post a Comment