Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dessert and the Divine: DELICIOUSNESS!

Hey everyone! Something I'm involved with on campus is VITA, Saint Michael's Campus Ministry. Along with the wonderful Emily, we run Dessert and the Divine. We meet once a month to bring together all that's been happening in other VITA events and socialize about how our time at Saint Mike's is going. It allows me to take time out of my busy schedule to reflect on what's happening in my life and relate to others at SMC going through a similar college experience.

Check out the spread!
Last night was our first meeting of the semester. I baked about 70+ mini cupcakes that we used as an activity. Emily made delicious butter-cream frosting, dyed with food coloring to signify different parts of our lives: Red = God, Purple = Academics, Yellow = Friends, Green = Family. We decorated cupcakes accordingly and discussed what our thought process was. It opened up my eyes to see that I've got a lot on my plate (literally!) this semester and finding a balance will be key between God, school, friends, and family. 

My delicious creations!
Dessert and the Divine is a low-key commitment, much like many of our VITA weekly events. It's great to have a huge turnout but also nice when we have small-group discussions. We had a great group of people and I look forward to more discussion and deliciousness next month!

This weekend us VITA Team Leaders have the opportunity to visit our Campus Minister Anna's house for apple-picking, kayaking, dinner, and smores! Hopefully I can get all my work done to enjoy the gorgeous, crisp fall with my friends.

Any questions let me know!
Sending warm thoughts, 
Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment