Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's Time to Begin Again

I'm sitting here in my Townhouse enjoying a beautiful Vermont morning preparing myself for classes this week. It's crazy to think that tomorrow will be my 'last first day of school' (until I decide whether or not I'm going to grad school). I also realized that most, if not all of my classes are with upperclassmen. 

I'm so excited to meet all the first-years and help them make their experience at Saint Mike's the best it can be! Being in a leadership position in both VITA (Campus Ministry) and Drama Club, I really want all to feel welcome and get involved! I'm working with a great group of people for both of these clubs and looking forward to a successful year ahead!

Some tips that I use whenever it's a new school year:

1) Prepare everything the night before. That way you're not rushing around in the morning frantic that you can't find a notebook and pen or that shirt you really wanted to wear that might not be unpacked yet.  

2) Show up to your classes about 5 minutes before. That way if you don't know where your classroom is you've got some time to figure out where you are!

3) Eat breakfast! This is usually a hard one for me as I was not a breakfast person until recently. My stomach was usually never awake when I had class at 8:30, but it was rumbling by the end! Alliot is open at 7:15 for breakfast!

4) Take notes. You'll get a syllabus or view it online at eCollege. Professors give you an outline for the course so you know what to expect!

5) Have fun! Get excited about learning new things, meeting your peers and professors, and being at SMC! I love getting to know a new bunch of people and studying together makes for a good time. 

Have an AWESOME first day wherever you are and I can't wait to hear some stories about your first day!
Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment