Friday, April 5, 2013

A Prelude to Dead Man Walking

If you didn't know, a show called Dead Man Walking has taken over my life since January. I'm currently stage managing the production with three ASMs, over 26 cast members, our wonderful production team, and more! 

We've sponsored a visit from Sister Helen herself. You'll hear more about this later. I'm actually doing a presentation on her for my Deviant Women class. I can't wait to see how it comes out!

Sister Helen and I! I was SUPER STOKED!

There was a faculty panel on the death penalty - featuring professors from the Sociology, Political Science, Philosophy, Global Studies, and Peace and Justice departments. While I was in class, luckily Saint Mike's recorded it and put it on Tegrity, one of the many awesome things that professors can use to record discussions, classes, and more. I'll be watching it for my presentation. 


Tomorrow we start Tech Week - be prepared for some ranting-type blogs about how things are going, a reflection of my sanity. I've been in McCarthy for the most of the day, prepping for Tech, doing a paper tech with the designers, getting cameras checked out by the local camera shop (thank you Jon's Darkroom!)


If you're going to be in the area for Accepted Students Day (Class of 2017), come check it out! Here's a link to the event!

So far, so good. 
Until next time, 
Katelyn: Stage Manager, Catch-all, and Unsung Hero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment