Friday, February 1, 2013

What a Week

Happy February everyone! This week has been crazy for me. A synopsis:

  • Monday: Work, Class, terrible stomach pain. Thought I was going to die but slammed my system with meds and I was able to sleep through it. 
  • Tuesday: Woke up feeling fine, soon the stomach pain returned, didn't go to class, slept all day. 
  • Wednesday: Totally fine! Went to work and class, made cookies, had Alex dye my hair!, ran Dessert and the Divine with my friend Merrill (which went great!), had dinner, more stomach pain. 
  • Thursday: A trip to the ER at 2:00 AM. What fun that was! Got an IV to help for nausea and stomach acid and was able to sleep. Felt loads better and finally left at 6:00 AM to go home. Placed on a liquid diet. Twas great. 
  • Friday: I'm feeling great! I have a meeting with one of my professors which I walked to McCarthy to do and now all I want to do is nap because my stomach did not like walking the ~300 feet from my house to McCarthy. Today will be an interesting day. 
Anywho - when you're in a situation like this, MAKE SURE YOUR PROFESSORS KNOW ABOUT IT. It's also good to notify Joan Wry, the Associate Dean of the College. That way you've got all your bases covered when it comes to schoolwork. Luckily for me half of my classes were cancelled this week due to a theatre festival my professor/classmates were traveling to. It also helped because that meant we didn't have rehearsal for Dead Man Walking so I could SLEEP. So much for that. 

Hope your week is going well and that February will be a good month for you! Crazy to think that 2013 is already going by so fast! Speaking of which - what do you think about Groundhog Day? 6 more weeks of winter? or 6 weeks of spring? Vermont's temperatures have been ALL OVER THE PLACE so I'm just hoping for some stability. 

Sending my love to you and yours, 
Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment