Thursday, December 6, 2012

Horseback Riding! (And the Death of the Camera)

One of my most favorite things I've done abroad is go horseback riding! The last time I went riding was probably about 10 years ago and I've been wanting to do it since. 

ASE has a folder of places and things to do for a day or weekend trip and I saw one for Wellow Trekking Centre in Wellow, just a 15-20 minute taxi ride from my house. 

My friends Eleanor, Kathryn, Meghan, and I got up one Sunday morning to head to the centre. It was a gorgeous day and we were all excited!

We got there, got fitted for shoes and helmets, and met our horses. Katie was my horse - and she liked to go fast. We had a leisurely walk and stepped it up to trot. Katie just wanted to trot ALL DAY! I would've been fine with that if my camera would have survived. The culprit? Trotting. I think it turned on in my pocket whilst we were trotting and then the lens got screwed up. I didn't freak out because there was nothing I could do about it right then and I knew we were going home in a few weeks and most of the things I wanted to document have already been documented. 

Anywho, it was a fantastic day and I would gladly do it again! The only thing about not being familiar with riding horses on a regular basis is that your body is SORE for the next few days. You use muscles you didn't even know you had!
 
Action shot!

The pathway we rode on

SO GORGEOUS
Kathryn, Eleanor, Meg, and I!
 Hope you enjoyed my adventure horseback riding!
Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment