Friday, November 30, 2012

The Unexpected Wonderful Occurrences of Studying Abroad: Imagine Dragons Concert!

A few weeks ago my friends and I trekked to Oxford to see Imagine Dragons in concert! It was only 7 pounds - aka a steal! We got to the place just as the doors were opening and we were in a good place in line, right behind a pair of girls wearing dragon onesies! 
The venue was very small and intimate which the lead singer (Dan Reynolds) commented saying they love playing venues that they can see everyone's faces. It was AWESOME! One of the best concerts I've ever been to. The Escapists opened for Imagine Dragons and they were pretty neat. The lead singer told us that one of the songs was written about aliens...interesting concept. 
It was finally time for Imagine Dragons to come on and MY GOD. You could feel the floor rattle with the amount of people jumping up and down and the INCREDIBLE percussion of the band. They played a bunch of my favorite songs but alas did not play Working Man aka my jam. Still, they were PHENOMENAL. Dan even ended up coming into the audience - crazy!

We went to get t-shirts and the guitarist (Wayne Sermon) came over to sign autographs! Luckily I had my study abroad journal with me so I grabbed it out and talked to him about being abroad and seeing concerts. It was so awesome! 

Wayne Sermon!
Afterwards we went to The Kings Arms Pub, the pub with the highest IQ in Oxford. We had a great time and caught the 12:07 train back to Bath. Our adventure had come full circle and it continues to be one of the highlights of my time abroad!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a blast! They announce their US tour soon!

    ReplyDelete