Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Unexpected Wonderful Occurrences of Studying Abroad: Contiki Youtube Meet-up!

So I realized I meant to blog about this way earlier, but better late than never!

I found out that Michael Aranda, Charlie McDonnell, and other YouTubers were going to be visiting London on October 14th I was not going to pass up the opportunity. Luckily for me my friends Amy and Kathryn where also interested in this adventure so we planned a day in London just for the occasion!

 
Check out the Contiki Video Recap of the Day!
 
It involved getting up early to catch a bus from Bath Spa to Swindon train station to catch a train from there to London Paddington. We then had to navigate the elusive Underground system and made it to the Acklam Village Market just in time before the crowd made it to about 3,000 people. CRAZY. 

We waited for about 2.5 hours before making it to the front of the line where we chose to go in the line to meet Michael and Charlie. The anticipation kept building as we inched closer and closer to the meet and greet lines. 

Finally at the front!
Before I knew it, I was standing in front of Michael Aranda and I was in awe. He was so friendly and maintained a bit of conversation with the three of us - even recommending us to ShakeAway Bath (which was DELICIOUS!). One thing I'll never forget was that I asked him what was the best part of the experience so far, which he took as meaning life experience and said, Love. He was so sincere about it and I said that he needed to stop being so adorable. And then I snorted. In typical Katelyn fashion. Hey - you only get the chance once to make a first impression right? Haha. 

Ridiculously Photogenic Michael Aranda
We then talked to Bryarly who was ADORABLE. We'd totally be friends in real life. I think it was easier to talk to her versus Charlie and Michael because granted I'd seen some of her videos but have been following Charlie and Michael for longer. 

Finally, meeting Charlie. He was quite subdued, being the introvert that he is and considering he doesn't like large crowds.  Still, it was great to talk to him.
You've had the almost imponderable joy of meeting charlieissocoollike which makes you like, cool!

Overall, the experience was great! My expectations were a little high so I was a little disheartened when they weren't totally fulfilled but what can you do?

The rest of the day we spent wandering around London and having photoshoots all over the place. Definitely one for the books!
Kathryn, Amy, and I at Buckingham Palace!

Hope everyone in the Northeast back home stays safe during Hurricane Sandy! 
Katelyn :)

1 comment:

  1. do you should look at at from countries to countries on the market now probably in intake. we will are generally one of the best and thus best rated examination to another country consultancies operating in India with higher visa promise. we advise customers found in health history all the fone visa on your behalf around overseas education consultants in ameerpet especially a shorter time. we are unquestionably also aid customers because of knowledge was forced to apply for the faculty higher educatoin institutions.

    ReplyDelete