Monday, October 15, 2012

Places to Go, People to See

This past week was a blur. Just finished our 'mid-term' weeks here at ASE submitting paper after paper for class. So far I've gotten two back with stellar grades and I couldn't be happier!

But wait...what's that? I got to see my friend Jenna? WHY YES I DID! 
I was luck enough to travel to Norwich (pronounced Nor-itch) from Wednesday until Friday to hang out with one of my best high school friends! 
She goes to the University of East Anglia, about a 5 hour trip from Bath. Thus this required me to take train after train, station after station to make it through to Norwich. 


A sign of fall!

While I was there I got to meet her British flatmates and see what it is like to study abroad on a campus.  Norwich is HUGE compared to Bath so we were very reliant on the bus to get everywhere. The campus itself is huge but a nice walk through all the buildings. 

One cool thing we got to do was a trip to Sheringham for one of her anthropology classes. It's the cutest little North Sea shore town about an hour train outside of Norwich.





Jenna and I at the Sheringham beach!

Only a day later I would return to Bath since Jenna was going on a weekend hiking trip. I had another adventure planned for Sunday which I will post shortly. 

Needless to say I am well-versed in the station of London Paddington after two days of basically living there haha. It will come in handy for sure!

Hope you all enjoy your week and keep looking for updates on my adventures!
Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment