Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Packing Process

If you haven't already figured it out, I will be studying abroad in Bath, England for a semester starting on Sunday! EEP! So much has to be done in the short amount of time that I have left.

Literally all of the clothes I own covering my bed

First round of packing...60+ items of clothing


I felt like a new freshmen trying to pack and figure out what I need. It's been quite an adventure and I finally got my clothing down to approximately 40 items. That's 40 items for the next 3-4 months. CRAZY! Bath is already colder than CT so no sandals and shorts for me! Had to break open the winter clothes...meaning taking up more space. Oh well! Plus I need to weigh my suitcase...I still haven't packed my carry-on or my personal item so I know I have some overflow into those.

Tomorrow I'm finalizing EVERYTHING so I will not have to stress or worry on Sunday that I won't fit everything or forget something. Granted I will be wearing layers onto the airport (sweatshirt, winter/rain jacket), which will probably make me hot and get some looks from people, but I will feel good once I get on the plane!

UPDATE: I just weighed my suitcase and it's a glorious 34 POUNDS! WOOHOO! I've literally shoved it full it looks like it's about to burst! All that's left is my carry-on and personal item. I'll be filling those with important things that I'll need to have on hand and things to keep me occupied on the plane, waiting in multiple airports, and on the train into Bath!

Next time you'll hear from me will probably be from the JFK airport tomorrow or when I make it across the pond!

Cheers! :)
Katelyn

1 comment: