Well, today is my birthday. And what am I doing on my birthday? Working haha! But that's okay. I came into work this morning to a Mocha Iced Coffee on my desk courtesy of my boss. They ran out of Caramel (go figure). How does one do that? Any who, the slew of birthday greetings has started - in person on my way to work, texts, tweets, and Facebook posts. Secretly, I love all of them! It's weird being 20. I feel that birthdays are just passage of time, not really a day where you're supposed to feel older immediately. It kinda stinks turning 20 when all of your friends around you are 21 or older. But that won't stop me from having fun on my birthday!
Things I'll be doing today:
1. Working (woohoo $$$)
2. Doing homework (bleh)
3. Working out with Sami - yay fitness!
4. Going to American Flatbread with Jake! It'll be my first time eating there so I can't wait!
5. Possibly going to Ri Ra's to meet up with KK and some of her friends.
6. Organizing my room. It's pretty dirty. Such is the life of a working college student.
While all that doesn't sound abnormal to a regular day, I can't wait to do what I want to do. Doing all of the 'work' stuff will make my free time so much better!
And now, for some memories that make my 20 years so memorable:1. 2nd birthday: Sticking my toes into my Cookie Monster cake. Little did I know it would foreshadow my nickname with one of my best friends KK (Elmo).
2. 7th birthday: Bringing in goodie bags on the last day of class because my birthday is during the summer. Yep, the curse of a summer birthday meant everyone brings in goodies at the same time.
3. 10th birthday: Running into my Kindergarten Running into my Kindergarten teacher and telling her that I had turned the big 1-0 aka double digits. She could not believe it! I wonder what she'd think now...
4. 12th birthday: On a road trip to Disney World, I celebrated my birthday in Florida at the Wronski Wresort! Had an AWESOME time complete with lei's, limbo, swimming, and general birthday festivities. "You put the lime in the coconut..."
5. 17th birthday: Went to Olive Garden with the girls after seeing a movie with Danielle, Kim, Heather, Brittany, Liz, Brianna - so excited about my Black Tie Mousse Cake!
6. 19th birthday: Going to get seafood by the beach with Brianna, Jenna, and Brittany! That lobster roll was so good I want one now!
7. 20th birthday: Finally got my third ear piercing on my right side! My mom has the same style and I've been wanting to do it for some time so yesterday, on the eve of my birthday, I just did it. I love it so much! I was in desperate need of a change and I'm so stoked! It wasn't much fun trying to sleep on it though...
I shall keep you posted on my adventures and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Enjoy your summer, I know I am!