Monday, May 14, 2012

"It's Not Goodbye, It's See You Later."

There are so many things that are happening in the next few weeks that are truly wonderful, but totally incredibly scary. Friends, family, and members of the SMC community (as well as many other college and high school communities) will be saying adieu to the class of 2012. Here is a tribute to those in the SMC class of 2012 whom I have grown close to and will miss not seeing. 


Denise - Meeting you on LEAP was fantastic. You brought such spunk and energy and just gave it your all dancing to "Your Blue Sky". You are the best hand-hugger around. You always manage to bring a smile to my face even though we mostly saw each other in passing. I wish you the best; you deserve it. 

Heather - What a tremendous lady you are! You are one of the strongest people I know. I aspire to be like you one day. Commanding the herd of Drama Clubbers, directing an awe-inspiring show, and running the Playhouse? Girl you are so impressive; I can't wait to see what you'll do next!

Sami - You made Celtic Christianity more interesting and certainly impacted my short Celtic Knights career my freshman year. Do you see a trend of Celticness? I think it is destined we must travel to the homeland (Ireland) together. Be on the look out! 

Keelia - Getting to know you this year through KK has been amazing. Just like Heather, you two are my career role models. Everything I've seen you design is unbelievably fantastic! That dream sequence in APPetite still gives me the chills. I love your style and I know you will do great things! And come on, who doesn't like Game of Thrones?!

Brian - Working with you at the Helpdesk for the past two years has certainly been an adventure.  And I have you to thank for that fabulous nick name of mine...and I don't hate it. YT for the win. Plus running into you on Senior Week with Fr. Brian - oh the hilarity. 

Fitz - Oh Fitzy.  Where do I begin? I still remember that first day we met on that Drama Club scavenger hunt, you being my proxy mentor. It's been all downhill from there. How I shall miss our conversations and the fun and not-so-fun times. And you must come back because I need to stay awake through Ratatouille in its entirety. 

KK -What a long, strange trip it's been. I would have never thought that I would find such a person like you at SMC. We all know you're a little crazy but in the best way possible. You are so much to me that I can't even begin to list everything. You've contributed so much to my happiness this past year and I am eternally grateful. You know I will always be your rock and Cookie Monster, wherever the road takes you. 

LEAP Seniors: (Brittany/Jordan) It's always wonderful seeing the two of you out and about now after LEAP. I wish we had more time to get to know each other but I already know how marvelous and spectacular the both of you are. Your determination and kindheartedness is seen in all you do. You will go on to do terrific things. Don't forget if you lose your way, you get back up again!




I love you all and wish you the best in your future endeavors. You've made my experience at SMC more than exciting. I know you will keep SMC in your hearts and spread the lessons you've learned here. Wherever you wander, be sure to visit! I shall miss you all - and I will see you later.


Sending all my love on this graduation day, 
Katelyn :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I could be a part of your SMC life Katelyn!! We will definitely keep in touch and visit, I know you will succeed in whatever you put your mind to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a big heart SL :) Congrats to all these lovely people!!

    ReplyDelete