Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finals Week

These past few days have been wonderful. Here's a little play by play of what my finals week looked/looks like:

Wednesday 5/2: MikeCheck concert! A few of my favorite selections were sung by our all-male Acapella group including Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show! They're always a laugh and put on a great show. It was a good way to start off my finals week.

Thursday 5/3: Study Day! I spent the day working on my dress for Costume Crafts. 

Friday 5/4: Fourteen hours later (over the course of two weeks), I 'finished' my dress! It was time for our fashion show where we could see each others' projects come to life. All my hard work paid off: I got an A- on it! Not too shabby at all. 
Kayley and I also took a walk around campus to enjoy the gorgeous sunset and get out some anxious energy we had after dinner and the Sleepless Knights concert!

 Saturday 5/5: Cinco de Mayo and Suite Celebrations at Olive Garden! Our suite was a part of Residence Hall Tours this semester and as a reward for letting prospective students and their families come visit, we got treated to Olive Garden. After Kayley, Mary, Nate, and I went across the road to enjoy the blustery day!
Suities outside of Olive Garden!

Me, Taylor, Kayley, and Mary taking a picture! (Photo cred: Nate!)
 Sunday 5/6: Another relaxing day! Started to get my work together since my finals start and end on Thursday (WOOHOO). Went to McCarthy Underground, an end of the year event with the Drama Club, with my friend KK and had a blast! 
Also started looking at flights for Bath 2012! Crazy!
Started packing and since my bed was covered in things, I decided to sleep in the bathtub in our common room! SO COMFY.

THE BATHTUB!

Monday 5/7: Got up bright and early to go to work at the Helpdesk. Because it's finals week, it's generally quieter. I caught up on some of my shows and started outlining what I need to do for my finals. 
It was a GORGEOUS day so Kayley, Angelica, Abbey, and I went to this coffee shop in the Winooski Circle. I got an Iced Chai Latte with Vanilla and a vegan cinnamon bun. Delicious! 
Kayley, Jake and I also sat outside to catch some rays. 
AND I GOT THE NEWS THAT I GOT AN INTERNSHIP AT THE THEATRE ROYAL IN BATH WHEN I GO IN THE FALL! SO EXCITING!

Today 5/8: Went to work and got a welcome present from my boss:
 And now I will work on outlining Brockett for my Theatre History, setting up my Celtic Christianity papers, and the general like. 

Wednesday 5/9: More studying and paper writing. 
But at 4:30, my Celtic Christianity class is going to RiRa's for a treat from our professor for handing in our papers! WIN!

Thursday 5/10: My Theatre History final! YIKES. Then a Senior Week meeting as it starts after finals! Go Seniors!

Then by Monday, my summer will officially begin! I start my summer job at the Helpdesk on Tuesday and enjoying the short homework free time before I sign up for an online class. 
Also be on the lookout for a tribute to the Class of 2012 next week!
Hope your week is going well and I'll catch ya on the flipside!
Katelyn :)



No comments:

Post a Comment