Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bouncing Around Burlington

Burlington is one of my favorite places to explore. Here are 5 things I love  around Church Street, Burlington's central food, art, and shopping area. 

1. Kountry Kart Deli - fondly called KKD's by many students, provides delectable breakfast sandwiches, subs, and all sorts of sides. My favorite is the breakfast sandwich called the "Shiner" (formerly known as the "Rise and Shiner"). On a hard roll, your choice of meat (sausage, bacon, or ham), egg, cheese, and a hashbrown make this my favorite place for breakfast. You can even get a stamp card so when you buy your 10th Shiner, you get a small one free! Check out this blog for more delicious food from KKD's!


2. Ben and Jerry's - Always a classic ending to a trip to Burlington before you hop on the bus back to campus.This is my friend Mike and I at last year's Free Cone Day, which also happens to be today! Sadly, I can't make it this year, so have a scoop of Americone Dream for me! The line was down the street and around the corner. Vermonters love their ice cream!





3. Church Street Bus Stop - Freshman year, I definitely utilized the bus system. Saint Michael's student, faculty, and staff can use their Knightcard and ride the bus for free! Be sure to check out the routes and schedules before you make a trip so you're not stranded! 













4. The Waterfront - photo credit to my friend Mary! Just a short walk down the hill from the bus stop is Lake Champlain. There is a bunch of green area, a boardwalk, and benches to soak in the view. It's so beautiful in the summer and so much is happening! You can also check out the Marina, skatepark, or the ECHO center (Lake Aquarium and Science Center) just a short walk down the pathway.



5. Church Street in general - There is so much more about Burlington and the surrounding area that I would like to share, but I'll save that for another time. Being in this community is just fantastic. Walking down Church Street in winter and seeing these lights just highlights the character of this city. Come visit and check it out for yourself - don't forget to swing by SMC and visit me too!






If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below, tweet me, or ask me a question on formspring! 
Hope your week is going wonderfully,
Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment