Saturday, December 17, 2011

10 Things I'm Looking Forward to this Break

Finally after the long grueling week of finals, I have made it safely home to central Connecticut. Now as I wait for grades to be posted, this is what I will be preoccupying my time with:

Cleaning
This is my first time home for a long time since last winter break. I've started to reorganize and go through my room, getting rid of clothes and things I don't use anymore. Considering I left my room in a disarray after packing for freshman year, this thoroughly cleaning and organization is long overdue!

Knitting
Thanks to my friend Kayley, I've picked up knitting! I brought my knitting home with me and I hopefully will get needles and yarn for Christmas (hint hint parents!)

Running
Since I don't have a job, I plan to get more in shape and start running on the treadmill and taking my dogs Bella and Mojo for walks. I'll be looking for things to fill my time and might as well get in shape!

Watching movies
Going to college makes it harder to go to the movies; granted I got to see The Help and Lion King: 3D while at school, I plan on seeing more movies at home (plus it's cheaper). Top of the list includes Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (click to see the trailer!). I'm looking forward to watching some old Disney movies as well as the classic Christmas movies too!

Traveling
This break I plan on traveling to NYC multiple times to see the city decked out in all of it's Christmas glory. I also love driving around town and looking at all the houses with Christmas lights up.

Visiting with Friends
I can't wait to visit some college friends as well as my SHA girls! It's been ages since I've seen them and we have LOADS to catch up on!

Splitting wood
My dad is basically a lumberjack. We have piles and piles of wood in our yard as we heat our house using a wood-stove. While I enjoy the warmth, the process of running the log splitter and stacking wood isn't my favorite. Needless to say we have lots of wood from trees that have fallen down from Hurricane Irene and wood isn't going to chop itself!

Volunteering
I hope to volunteer at the Humane Society that near me - I used to go there during high school and I love giving back and seeing all the animals. We adopted Bella and Mojo there and I hope that all the other animals there will have a home.

Applying for Study Abroad
My goal for the end of the break is to finish what I need to do for my study abroad application. I hope to go to Bath, England in the fall with an internship either in Theatre or History. My passport came in last week and I can't wait to get out of the country!

Last but not least, SLEEPING!
Catching up on sleep is very crucial during this time - recuperating from all that hard work last semester! It paid off as I got the best GPA yet. Let's hope this is a good sign for the future! Feeling refreshed and ready to start classes again will be goal out of this break.



Sending happy and positive thoughts to those still finishing finals! You're almost in the clear!



-Katelyn :)


1 comment: