Monday, October 31, 2011

Man's Best Friend












"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better. They fig
ht for honor at the first challenge, make love with no moral restraint, and they do not for all their marvelous instincts appear to know about death. Being such wonderfully uncomplicated beings, they need us to do their worrying." ~ George Bird Evans


These three pups have made my life so much more enjoyable. I still remember the first day we went to go pick up Fuzz; I was in second grade and I was so excited that we were getting a puppy! I remembered which one right down to the blue collar he was wearing.

Second Grade! Crazy!

His birthday on the 21st and it was a little tough. He was diagnosed with stage four cancer in March and passed away in April. I went home the week before Spring Break to be with him because they weren't sure how much longer he had. I hated leaving but I never got the call that he had gone. I came home for Easter in April and on Good Friday, we decided it was time to say our goodbyes. It's one of the toughest things I had to go through. I was glad to have my family with me - my mom said that Fuzz waited until I was home to go. That brought on more tears but I was glad to get the chance to say goodbye.

Being away from home makes me miss the dogs. When I went home for break two week s ago, I was excited to see my family, but most of all Bella and Mojo! It's the best feeling in the world seeing how excited they get when they see me. They're so tiny that it looks like they're shaking from head to toe!

Because they are so tiny...my mom has taken to dressing them in outfits. Here's Mojo in his winter coat and Bella in her rain jacket. I don't know how I feel about this. Granted they LOVE being clothed...I just find something about dogs in clothes being odd...







Speaking of which, it's Halloween! So OF COURSE I'm going to have some pictures of some animals in costumes. Some of these I just can't help but love. Call it a double standard if you will, but I think the costumes for Halloween are acceptable, just not for everyday use. Enjoy!


Looks so tasty even he wants a bite!

The force with him this one has.

One small step for man, one giant leap for dogs!

What a cute little devil!

Three heads, triple the cuteness

If you notice, there's actually a
picture of the dog on the iPhone!

Bad to the Bone!

Cat undercover?

Catosaur!

Tiger Shark!


Within the week I will be writing another post about my Halloween weekend! Such a crazy wonderful time. Anywho, my thoughts and prayers are with those who've been hit by the Nor'easter the past few days - back home we've got trees down (even on the car...yikes!), no power, and at least a foot of snow! Right now our Vermont Halloween is just a bit chilly but no snow yet! Or at least none that is still on the ground...

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and a Happy Halloween!
Sending good vibes your way,
Katelyn :)

1 comment: