I am going to try my best at making these realizations on my own this year - sophomore year is already in the swing of things...almost a month in! CRAZY! I know that this year will be a lot of fun and I'm ready for a drama-free time. Being able to reconnect with all my old friends is what I've been waiting for since May! Sometimes I really dislike how people live in different states - it makes me realize how lucky I am when all my high school friends are home! It just makes all of our times together that much more special. I even got to connect with one of my best friends from home this week - gotta thank the wonders of technology: YAY SKYPE! Love you Maura!
Coming up this weekend is Saint Michael's Multicultural Alumni & Friends Weekend where previous classes and friends will be swarming campus and reuniting once more on the beautiful campus. For me my parents will be visiting YAY! Although it's only been a month, I am so excited to see them! I do miss my brother and the dogs but October break will be here soon enough. So much has been going on that it will be good to catch up with my parents and spend some quality time with them.
Here are some things you should look out for this weekend:
- Get a hotel WAAAAAAAAY in advance. Saint Mike's alum LOVE SMC as much as current students do and they pack the hotels both near and far!
- Be prepared for more traffic in and around Burlington - adjust for time whenever you head into the city, down to the waterfront, or even just a Walmart run.
- SMCers: so much is going on this weekend! A plethora of events for students and alumnae alike. Check out the full schedule here!
- Support our teams! There are many athletic events both days including: Field Hockey, Soccer, Volleyball and Tennis. Go Knights!
- Most of all, enjoy the weekend! It might just seem like a regular weekend at SMC, but get out and do something! It looks like it will be a wonderful weekend so get out in the nice weather before the snow starts falling. YAY SUN!
Sending good vibes and happy thoughts your way!
Love, Katelyn :)