Friday, May 27, 2011

A Summer Job!


This is my first summer away from home after moving away from college. My first summer away from my family, friends, and even the beach. I miss the ocean so much.




A picture of me and my friend Ian last summer at the beach!

I've got this summer job at the Saint Michael's College Information Technology Helpdesk. Basically my first real '9 to 5' job where I get to unleash my inner nerd.

At the Helpdesk, we're responsible for helping all those associated with Saint Mike's with their computer queries and problems. Sounds pretty simple right?

Coming from someone who knows little about computers, sometimes it gets pretty hectic. It's a definite learning environment. I've learned to reset passwords, establish internet connectivity, change hard drives, and trying to generally figure out why someone's computer isn't working the way it should. OH and I have one of THE best bosses in the entire world. I kinda love my job.

Not gonna lie, my job is pretty easy most of the time. Until something crazy happens. Like today we had to do some hot swaps of computers that had gotten fried by the weather last night. It was a bit crazy - tornado warnings and all!


Anyways, within this time I can make a dent in my long list of things I want to accomplish this summer. For instance, check out my Summer Bucket List for a clue.

So far my summer has been really relaxing and I get to focus on what I want to do and reflect on the direction my life is going. It's a wild ride but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Keep checking back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment